Q: We refer to EN 15038 as a certificate while EBCL is a license. What is the difference? 

A:  Of course there is a difference between a certificate and a license: We offer a certificate when the qualifications exist and we just confirm and certify this qualification like in case of the EN 15038 certificate for TSPs. We offer a license after a preparation time and training to obtain first the required qualification; like in case of EBCL.
In case of ICI and ICT we speak about training because there is a little bit training within the certification course; but candidates have to fulfill their pre-condition